So here we are: 2019 week 16 of Meatless Monday… It was the Easter Bank Holiday weekend and so I decided to switch to a Tuesday this week rather than insist on veggie food at family gatherings. This is a good point to make, whilst “Meatless Monday” has a nice ring to it, it isn’t essential to make your meatless day a Monday – the idea is that it is weekly, and I will continue to do it on a Monday 99.9% of the time, but when it doesn’t fit with other plans I will happily substitute to another day which works better that week 🙂
Here’s what I wore:
What’s in my ears:
This week my new audible credit came through so I decided to use it to listen to the next book in Rachel Hollis’ fiction series Sweet Girl. These books are just easy nice listening with happy endings for the characters, and lovely to listen to in the car or whilst you’re doing chores. They give you a very similar feeling to a good old fashioned “Harry met Sally” esk chick flick, which was just what I needed this week. So I would recommend it for that and I will be listening to the 3rd one in the series too at some point 🙂
Here’s my week in 4:
- The boys in their first walk all the way to the top of the hill in our village this week, which is quite a milestone moment and well worth sharing 🙂 They’re just getting stronger and stronger at walking buggy free every week and we make sure we go out with them to practice every weekend which the weather allows us to. I just love that they are having such a nature filled upbringing and this is their normal 🙂
- The boys also got their first pair of sunglasses 😎 this week and they were loving them and looking super cool. We’re also hoping that this will help with Ty’s allergies to the glass by giving him some level of protection from the pollen and cut grass. 🙂
- My lovely weekly yoga class was back after the easter break this week, and I did really enjoy it!
- This is just a post which I re-posted on Instagram this week which I just thought was such good messaging that it was worth a share.
Right onto food…
I had lemon, honey and ginger to start with after my morning yoga, followed by sourdough toast with blackcurrant jam and my favourite tea. The boys had their milk followed by fruit porridge.
As it was a Tuesday this week I was home with the boys so had to think of something for lunch which would work for them too 🙂 so we had cheese and marmite bagels with some fruit on the side and I also had one of these yummy go-ahead bars and some cheese curls to snack on throughout the day.
I went back to one of my favourite vegetarian recipes this week Brie & Tomato Pasta.
Brie & Tomato Pasta
- 1 small pack Tomatoes diced
- 3 Courgettes diced
- 1 Pack of Brie diced
- 1 splash Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 500 g Spaghetti
Fill a large pan with water and put in on the hob to boil
Diced your tomatoes, courgette, and garlic and add to a large wok/pan (which can accommodate the pasta once cooked too ideally) with a splash of olive oil and cook on a medium heat until golden
Add lemon zest
Once your pasta pan has come to the boil, add your spaghetti and mix with a fork so it does stick together, before putting the lid back on and cooking on a rolling boil for 10 mins
Dice your brie ready
Once your spaghetti is cooked, drain it and then add it to the vegetable pan and add the brie and also the lemon juice.
Toss all together and season to taste with salt and black pepper
Serve and enjoy!
I love this recipe for several reasons:
- It’s really quick and easy
- It’s lovely fresh ingredients
- The flavours go so well together
- You don’t miss the meat (a true sign of a successful vegetarian meal)
- It freezes and reheats very well too
I topped and tailed this recipe with a handful of peanuts to keep me going whilst I cooked and then one of my favourite yoghurts for desert.
Please check out my Pinterest meatless inspiration board: #MeatlessMonday to gather some pinspiration:
Along with the official Meatless Monday board which I am also now sharing on:
Find out how I got onto Meatless Mondays in the first place by watching this video:
And check out #meatlessmondays on this blog to see all my Meatless Monday posts and recipes. Hope you have a lovely week 🙂